Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Something's Incredibly Wrong But It Is Okay Now

>> Wednesday, July 29, 2009

EDIT: Everything's okay now, the entrecard admin has re-activated my account after I wrote them an email. To everyone who took time to leave a comment or two, thank you, thank you, very much. To the entrecard team, my deepest gratitude.

I even edited the title of this post. Thanks everyone!

I was trying to log in to my Entrecard account just a few minutes ago but I can't seem to do so, I checked and rechecked my username and password, I typed and retyped it over a dozen times but I still got nothing. Then, it dawn on me, for the last three days, I've been seeing a pink-colored rectangular box on top of my entrecard page stating that my widget is redirecting to other websites, after I read that for the first time, I clicked on my widget which can be seen on the 2nd row under the Cooking and Dining category, but, as I expected, nothing's amiss, so I quickly got over that note and continue on my daily online routine. Fast forward, so when it dawn on me that it could have something to do with that, I checked my email, which I rarely do *grins* and, to my horror, what I was thinking is true. My entrecard account was deleted by the new management, I had been with Entrecard for more than a year and a few weeks after ZipRunner came, my account was deleted, just like that. I have almost 40k credits on my account, which I was saving for a contest that I wish to do on December, and now, it is all gone, what a bummer!


Now, I wanna do my own investigation, does anyone here experience something like that when you click my entrecard widget? Are you redirected to any website or full page advertisement as the new Entrecard team claims?

Please, please give me any feedbacks or experiences you've had with my entrecard widget, positive or negative comments are welcome as long as it is true. I wish to know the truth about this matter asap, so, I can ask entrecard to re-activate my account.

Thank you very much!

8 comments:

Fourced July 30, 2009 at 1:58 AM  

Yes ... I have experienced the redirection on your blog for a month or so.

The redirection wasn't from your entrecard widget ... I think it was probably from an ad you had on your website. It was an automatic redirection ... after about 10 - 20 seconds you website would automatically load an advertising page ...

Chris

Anya July 30, 2009 at 3:32 AM  

thank you so much chris, can i ask you a favor, can you pls. click on my widget again from entrecard, and see if it still is redirecting, thanks a bunch.

Fourced July 30, 2009 at 3:42 AM  

Anya ... no, there doesn't seem to be a problem with redirection anymore. Hopefully it is gone ...

It did not always happen ... maybe about 75% of the time for me.

Chris

Eli July 30, 2009 at 4:39 AM  

Anya, I was greatly surprised this morning when I drop your Entrecard widget. The message says: "No such user" I clicked again until the 3rd time, and the same message appeared. I can't believe it until now that your account was deleted. We had reciprocal drops until yesterday. I haven't experienced what Chris had experienced about automatic redirection. But do you have Adbrite ad on your site? Yes, I saw that you have Adbrite ad. You know, when I had an Adbrite ad before, I was warned by Ken Brown of Adgitize and the guys from CMF Ads to cancel my ads in the Adgitize and CMF member landing pages because when my site was opened, there was the "skip the ad" notice and then a full screen ad appeared with audio music playing. I was told by many bloggers who had the same experience that you have to turn the default button when getting the ad code from Adbrite, but in my case, I immediately deleted the code and the skip the ad notice and automatic redirection also ended. Please tell the Entrecard support about your problem and apply for an account reinstatement.
Regards.
Eli, Business Sphere

Anya July 30, 2009 at 5:02 AM  

@ Chris - thank you so much, I removed my advpoints ad as it is the only ad i have here in my blog that my sister in law doesn't have in hers and she doesn't seem to have a problem with entrecard at the moment so it must be it. now that you've told me that it is gone, i'm kinda assuming that advpoints is really the culprit. i hope, i'm right, so this nightmare can be over soon.

@ eli - thanks for the concern eli and for taking time to answer my query, yes i have adbrite here but i opted out of the full page ads eversince i started, i think i solved the problem, well, i hope i did.

QUESTION: DO YOU THINK THE ENTRECARD ADMIN WILL RE-ACTIVATE MY ACCOUNT? WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST I DO? THANKS AGAIN!

Eli July 30, 2009 at 8:24 AM  

Anya, you write the support of Entrecard and tell them your problem. You can fill up a ticket. You can also post in the Forum. I have read in some blogs, for example, that of My Impressions and Reflections of Oscar Gecko that the new support team are fast in answering queries and in acting on complaints. Oscar Gecko was also warned about deleting his account, but he acted swiftly in finding out the cause of the problem, which was similar to yours, and his account was spared, with help from Entrecard support team.

desperateblogger July 30, 2009 at 4:52 PM  

i dropped on your widget and there seems to be nothing wrong.

Becki July 30, 2009 at 5:29 PM  

I also experienced the redirect frequently when I tried to drop on your blog.

Hopefully it's straightened out now!

Post a Comment

About Me

I am a wife to the sweetest person on Earth and a mother to the cutest baby boy in the planet. I love reading literary books but I have an addiction in contemporary/renaissance romance novels. I am a video game aficionado in the truest sense of the word. I love to travel the world, if and only given the opportunity. I don't know how to cook (but I'm slowly learning) so there's a fascination with take-outs and dine-ins. I could go on and on but I guess you had enough *lol*.

My Blog List

  • New Pasta Experience at Pizza Hut - Hubby, son and I went to the mall a few weeks ago to celebrate a little, you see, my son topped his class (again) this quarter, so to give him a little inc...
    14 years ago
  • Coffee Jelly - A no-cook, no-bake dessert. Mix, chill and serve, yup, that easy! before chilling Ingredients: - jelly (gulaman) powder - coffee - condense milk ...
    13 years ago
  • I Like It Green - originally posted by Ian Sengco *** taken in Malibu, Pandi, Bulacan on September 2009, using a Sony Cybershot T20.
    14 years ago
  • Laughtrip - HAHAHA, it will be a waste not to share this one... I'm watching Twilight on 0ne of our local channels at the moment but I'm dreaming of the final Harry ...
    12 years ago

Followers

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP  

ss_blog_claim=18c2848b5674a29d7790adaeafb43f4c